Erika Lyremark is the bestselling author of Think Like A Stripper, CEO, Whipstress & Glamorous Business Guide. (Because making money should never be dull, boring or unflattering.) Showing early entrepreneurial skills when she let her brother throw a pie in her face for $5, Erika wheeled and dealed her way through high-school, moved to Seattle, earned degrees in Women Studies and Apparel Design, and spent 9 years swingin’ around a stripper pole. Après le pole, Erika moved back home to Minneapolis in 2002 to co-create a multi-million dollar commercial real estate investment company with her Dad. After documenting her experiences in Think Like A Stripper, Erika now runs her eponymous boutique brand from a secret location. Leisure activities include … Drinking green smoothies, Eating take-out with Chad – her hunky husband, Designing her forthcoming luxury handbag line, And texting Bugatti headquarters with suggestions on what to call the next generation of sports coupes. The Lyremark, of course. Visit ThinkLikeAStripper.com for a free download of Erika’s book.
In this episode, Erika and I discuss:
- Everyone has a form of art
- Her life as a stripper
- Why she works with women entrepreneurs
- Her new ventures – luxury handbags
- Why smart women never give their power to someone else
- Why she says ‘partner with the comrade of kickass’
- Ask yourself ‘who’s running the show?’
- Living in the present moment
- Creating art/beauty/music
- Why you don’t need to be fixed – there’s nothing wrong with you
- Having fun and not being so serious
Listen to my episode with Erika now!