Adriana is the Founder and CEO of Girls in Tech, a San Francisco-based non-profit organization devoted to empowering, educating and mentoring women in the tech industry across over 60 chapters internationally. She is also a partner at Founders Den in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district where Girls in Tech’s offices are located. No stranger to growing brands and building amazing companies, Adriana has also served in executive roles at RxMatch and QwikCart, Ogilvy & Mather and SecondMarket, the largest secondary trading platform, where she was responsible for branding strategy, event production and digital media efforts. In addition to working with technology start-ups like Indiegogo, SGN, Algentis, Democracy.com, Swyft, ImpulseFlyer and GUBA, Adriana has served as a strategic advisor for companies like NexTravel, StartupStockExchange, Numiyo Technologies, Palindrome Advisors, CharityBlossom, DooChoo, and Change.org. She is also on the advisory boards for Nailbot, Cocoon Cam and Roost. Adriana holds a bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Economics from the University of California at Davis, received a certification from El Tecnologico de Monterrey in Aguascalientes, Mexico, and participated in Semester at Sea, University of Pittsburgh in 1997. Adriana is also fluent in Spanish.
In this episode, Adriana and I discuss:
- Growing up with the motto that what you put into it, you get out of it.
- Learning integrity, honesty, and hard work in her home
- Trying to build a culture of diversity and equality for women, without other women around
- Bridging the divide for women all over the world
- What Living Intentionally means for Adriana
- Knowing your purpose and your passion
- Going above and beyond
- Having gratitude in your personal relationships
- Being nice and respectful to everyone’s situation
Listen to my episode with Adriana now!